Monday, February 8, 2010

When Worship becomes a Rerun

You walk into Church, or any Christian meeting. The music comes on. You sing, while wondering casually when it would end so you may sit down, or tell your friend beside you about the latest gossip you heard about a classmate at school.

Rewind.

Even if you walk into a Christian meeting without feeling the least bit like saying "Hallelujah Blessed be Your name!", that doesn't mean You can't.

Perhaps its at the lowest moments that we actually can praise the most graciously. Some of my lowest and most down moments turn to wonder at the majesty of our Lord.

Here are three different kinds of "I don't feel like worshiping" results. There are more, but here are some I happened to have observed.
1) "I'll worship anyways" because its what I'm 'supposed' to do.
2) "I'll worship anyways" because God is still in control, and My Heart is still open to His blessing, He is still the greatest of All and worthy of all praise. Let Him move my heart today and may I lay all my troubles upon Him.
3) "I'm not worshiping today. I don't feel like it. After all, why be hypocritical?"

Play.

When is Worship just for the sake of it?

Is worship that 30 minutes you stand in front of the band/choir and sing the songs you've heard over and over you're just sick of singing them? Can you worship without singing? Can you worship with your life? How?

What do you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment